HAS YOUR EXPERIENCE with cancer led you to write a poem, short story, or essay? Or perhaps you’ve created a drawing, photograph, or painting. Whatever your medium, Forward invites you to submit artwork inspired by cancer. We will publish selected submissions in print and online.
In the words of artist John Magnan, featured in the fall 2009 issue of Forward, “art offers a unique pathway to the psyche.” Magnan, whose “Body Image/Body Essence” exhibit reflects his wife’s experience with ovarian cancer, says that with topics like cancer, “Art can speak more deeply…and it can touch you in ways you never anticipated.”
- Written submissions may include poetry, short stories, or essays. Limit 800 words for prose, or 50 lines for poetry.
- Visual submissions may include photography, illustrations, paintings, or mixed media. Submit an original hard copy or an electronic file at 300 dpi.
- All work must be original.
- We appreciate first-print opportunities. As the author/artist, you retain the right to reprint your material elsewhere. We ask that you mention Forward as the source of initial printing as appropriate.
- Previously published material will be accepted only if the author/artist retains the copyright or has received written permission from the publisher to offer the material for reprint.
- Submissions are welcome at any time.
- Questions? E-mail Editor@fccc.edu or call 215-728-3659.
Submit your work electronically by filling out the form below. To mail hard copies, see instructions at bottom.
You will be notified if your submission is selected.