We encourage your comments on Fox Chase Cancer Center’s blogs and other Temple social media pages, which may include but are not limited to Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, LinkedIn, Pinterest, Vine, Instagram, and encourage you to join our discussions. We can’t respond to every comment, particularly those that deal with individual medical cases and issues. We may review comments before and after they’re posted, and those that are off-topic or clearly promoting a commercial product generally won’t make the cut. We also expect a basic level of civility; disagreements are fine, but mutual respect is a must, and profanity or abusive language are out-of-bounds.
The information posted is not intended as medical advice or an endorsement of any product, procedure, company or opinion. Before acting upon any posting or information on this site, obtain medical advice from your healthcare provider.
Also, remember that any information you post on our pages can be viewed by anyone. If you want to keep your information private do not post it onto our pages.
You understand that:
- All material on this Site, and the files associated with it, are copyrighted by either Temple University of the Commonwealth System of Higher Education, Temple University Health System,, their respective affiliates (like Fox Chase), or by the original creator of that material (collectively “TEMPLE”). It is protected by the copyright laws of the United States of America and under treaties with other nations. Unless otherwise stated, no material on this Site is in the public domain. You may not download, copy, reproduce, redistribute, republish, publicly display, post, or transmit material on this Site unless expressly permitted, and then only the designated material. TEMPLE in no way represents or warrants that your use of materials displayed on this Site does not infringe the rights of third parties.
- You may not establish a link to this Site without the express written consent of TEMPLE.
- By posting any comments, posts or other material on Fox Chase-sponsored blogs, you give TEMPLE the irrevocable right to reproduce, distribute, publish, display, edit, modify, create derivative works from, and otherwise use your submission for any purpose in any form and on any media.
- You may not post material that infringes on the rights of any third party, including intellectual property, privacy or publicity rights.
- TEMPLE makes no representation or warranty of the accuracy, reliability, or completeness of the information. It is possible that the Site could include typographical errors, inaccuracies or other errors, and that unauthorized additions, deletions and alterations could be made to this Site by third parties. In the event that an inaccuracy arises, please inform TEMPLE so that it may be corrected.
- You may not post material that is unlawful, obscene, defamatory, threatening, harassing, abusive, slanderous, hateful, or embarrassing to any other person or entity as determined by TEMPLE in its sole discretion.
- You may not post advertisements or solicitations of business.
- You may not post chain letters or pyramid schemes.
- You may not impersonate another person.
- You may not allow any other person or entity to use your identification for posting or viewing comments.
- You may not post the same note more than once or “spam.”
- We refer you to our Notice of Privacy Practices for a complete discussion of how TEMPLE utilizes information you communicate via our web site. You acknowledge and understand that any personal health information or other confidential information posted on the Site (via blogs, tweeting, posting comments, questions or the like) will be visible to third parties/users on the site and will not be confidential. You should not post or comment on a Site such as Facebook, YouTube, LinkedIn, Pinterest, Vine, blogs, or Tweet any information you want to remain confidential.
- The information on this Site is for informational purposes only and is not intended as a substitute for medical professional help, advice, diagnosis or treatment. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health care provider with any questions that you have regarding your medical care. Nothing in this Site is intended as a recommendation or endorsement of any specific tests, products, procedures, companies, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned in this Site. Any reliance on any information provided by the Site personnel, others appearing on the Site at the invitation of the website and/or other visitors to the Site is solely at the user’s risk. Information on this Site is not intended to create any provider-patient relationship.
TEMPLE reserves the right (but is not obligated) to do any or all of the following:
- Remove communications that are abusive, illegal or disruptive, or that otherwise fail to conform with these Terms and Conditions.
- Terminate a user’s access to the blog feature upon any breach of these Terms and Conditions.
- Edit or delete any communications posted on the blog feature, regardless of whether such communications violate these standards.
- Modify and supplement these terms at any time, without prior notice, by posting the new terms on the Site. You agree to review these terms periodically to be aware of such modification and your access or use of the Site shall be deemed your acceptance of the modified agreement.
Limitation of Liability and Disclaimer of Warranties. YOU ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT USE OF THIS SITE IS AT YOUR OWN RISK AND THAT THE SITE AND ANY INFORMATION CONTAINED ON OR PROVIDED THROUGH THE SITE IS PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” BASIS. TEMPLE MAKES NO WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, ABOUT THE USE OF THIS SITE OR THE MATERIALS IN IT, AND DISCLAIMS ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTY OF ACCURACY OR QUALITY, AND ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. TEMPLE ALSO EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ANY LIABILITY FOR ANY DAMAGE TO, OR VIRUSES THAT MAY INFECT, YOUR COMPUTER EQUIPMENT OR OTHER PROPERTY AS YOU ACCESS OR BROWSE THE SITE OR DOWNLOAD MATERIAL FROM IT. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES SHALL TEMPLE BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, EXEMPLARY, OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES, FEES, FINES OR PENALTIES, LOSS OF REVENUE OR BUSINESS OR LIABILITIES ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING IN ANY WAY TO YOUR USE OF THIS SITE, OR SITES ACCESSED THROUGH THIS SITE, AND/OR CONTENT OR INFORMATION PROVIDED ON OR THROUGH THIS SITE. YOU ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT YOUR SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE REMEDY FOR DISSATISFACTION WITH THIS SITE IS TO STOP USING IT.
Finally, you agree that you will indemnify TEMPLE against any damages, losses, liabilities, judgments, costs or expenses (including reasonable attorneys’ fees and costs) arising out of a claim by a third party relating to any material you have posted.